“Framily.” Have you heard of that word before? I love how the word perfectly captures the friendship that I have with my high school friends: a group of friends who have been together for so long that they’re practically family!
I just came home from a reunion with high school friends. I hadn’t seen some of them in a while because they’re working abroad, but each time we’re together (often during the holiday season or weddings), we’re happy like crazy. We’re still our old goofy selves who care for each other dearly, and who value our togetherness like no other! But of course, a friendship for 20 years is definitely a solid one!
I went down the memory lane a bit to show you some pictures of my “framily.” Has your friend group achieved the framily status?, too? Let me share the signs of a true, time-tested relationship with your friends-turned-family:
- You’ve already mastered the art of taking the perfect groupfie.
- Your pictures together go way, way, way back.
- Your circle has grown! Their family has become yours, too!
- You always have each other’s backs.
- You’re never afraid to be yourself when you’re with them.
- You know that you’ll never be left behind.
- You know you’ll never get tired of them. Twenty years has passed, and you know that for the several more years to come, you’d still hang out with these people—because like the Jollibee Yum Burger, they’ll remain to be your favorite.
Recently, Jollibee, the fastfood chain that many of us have grown up with and loved for decades, released an online video revolving around a typical Pinoy “framily”.
The video shows a framily that has been together for so long. Several things changed as the years went by but the group’s friendship remained—inspiring them to stick with each other and their favorite Jollibee Yum Burger, which has seen them through many adventures and memorable experiences. You can definitely relate to this so do watch it.
This post has been presented by Jollibee but all thoughts and opinions are my own.